We are a club comprised of weightlifters from diverse backgrounds and ages 12-72, who all share a love for weightlifting. We currently have approximately 40 athletes, including about 8 remote athletes, so we are not actively recruiting for more members. However, we will always consider new enthusiasts who are the right fit for our team.
To be considered, you must meet the following team requirements:
- Compete in one meet per year
- Includes intra-squad, inter-squad, and developmental meets
- Follow team programming
- Become or maintain a current USAW member within one month of joining
- Become a USAW Local Referee within six months of joining
- Train a minimum of three of five scheduled training days per week
- Work at least ONE MEET per year
Ready to go? Check out the new member inquiry form.
Eastside Barbell is committed to advancing athletes, coaches, technical officials, and meet directors. We will reimburse you for the following:
- USAW Coaches
- Sport Performance 1 ($100)
- Sports Performance 2 ($100)
- Club Coach ($25)
- National Coach (TBD travel expenses)
- USAW Referee
- Local (LWC) Referee ($25)
- National Referee or higher (TBD travel expenses)
- Meet Directors & Competition Secretaries
- Reimbursement terms depend on work completed.
- Local and National Meet Operations
- Learn how to meet coach athletes
- Learn technical positions such as referee, marshal, technical controller, timer, and announcer.